pieterh wrote on 12 Nov 2009 13:16
This is a design sketch for an improved set of keyboard shortcuts. Keystrokes are unshifted, even if shown in uppercase here.
Page editor shortcuts:
- Ctrl+R should do nothing, so that edits cannot be lost by accidentally refreshing the page.
- Ctrl+P should refresh the page preview and scroll the page up to show the preview.
- Ctrl+E should reshow the editor (not re-edit the page, which leaves the locks confused).
- Ctrl+Q should cancel the edit. Comment here
Comment/forum editor shortcuts:
- Ctrl+S should save the comment.
- Ctrl+Q should cancel the comment. Comment here
- Ctrl+P should preview the comment.
- Ctrl+E should reshow the comment edit box.
Page view shortcuts: comment on double letter here
- TT should enter the tag dialog.
- PP should enter the parent page dialog.
- RR should enter the rename dialog.
- EE should enter the editor (like Ctrl+E)
- FF should enter the file upload dialog.
- SS should show the source code.
- DD should delete the page.
- HH should show the page history.
- BB should navigate to the parent page if any.
- JJ should navigate to the previous sibling, if any, by creation date.
- KK should navigate to the next sibling, if any, by creation date.
- UU should navigate to the first sibling by creation date.
- MM should navigate to the last sibling by creation date.
- LL should navigate to the first child page, by creation date, if any.
Start a new sub-thread
We discourage direct comments on this thread: to discuss it, please start a sub-thread.
page revision: 5, last edited: 13 Nov 2009 10:34