Steven Heynderickx wrote on 10 Nov 2009 15:56
Originally suggested by pieterh on 20 October 2009.
This is a design sketch for a Wikidot game where the goal is to hunt the ultimate prey: spammers, scammers, and link farmers.
The problem we face is that there are many Wikidot sites filled with content that is bad for Wikidot's health: it lowers Google page rankings on honest sites, it gets Wikidot blocked by firewalls, and so on.
Here is the solution I propose:
- On every free site with low karma the toolbar has a button showing "Rate Site"
- Clicking this button lets one choose several options, including "Spam site, please delete"
- When a site has five spam reports, it is automatically archived, shutdown and a PM sent to the admin.
- Such sites can be recovered in case of false alarm.
- The first person to report a successful spam gets 100 points; the second 50, then 25, 15, and 10.
- Each month, the highest scoring person gets a Pro+ gift for himself or another user
- Further, they go on the Hall of Fame as Spamhunter of the Month.
Players can hunt for spam sites using any tools they like: Google, Wikidot search, "new" site tags, etc.
Start a new sub-thread
We discourage direct comments on this thread: to discuss it, please start a sub-thread.
page revision: 4, last edited: 02 Feb 2010 16:04