This forum implements the TopicTree pattern for forum discussion. It uses a number of key Wikidot features:
- Per-page comments, via the Comments module
- Live-templating, to format section and thread pages
- Cross-site includes, to pull in packages like the scrollbar
- Customizable themes
- Page parenting and breadcrumbs
Roughly, the forum consists of a set of 'sections', each with a number of 'threads', and each thread can contain sub-threads, to any level of nesting. Each section, and thread or sub-thread is a page.
You can add special tags to thread pages to make them behave in certain ways:
- _sticky creates a sticky thread, which always shows first in lists of threads
- _closed pushes the thread to the end of the list and marks it "(Closed)"
- _task shows the thread on the list of open tasks in the side bar menu
- _nocomment disables per-page comments and asks the user to use sub-threads to discuss